Stand up to Trump!
Supporter Count: 187
We will not share your name with anyone OR contact you by using it. The campaign only asks for your name to help ensure an accurate pledge count. Pledge only once please – several strategies minimize multiple pledges.
Visual Disobedience ™ Pledge
I support the bipartisan Visual Disobedience campaign, whose goal is to have Donald Trump’s (DT’s) U.S. presidency end with his electoral college defeat in November 2020. I intend to take peaceful visual acts to support this campaign, most importantly actively participating in the voting process.
The combined strength of my fellow supporters will enable me to overcome any self-doubts. I will remain composed if confronted by DT followers, knowing this is not about changing their mind. The majority of voters disapprove of Trump–our force will prevail!
Let’s ‘Vis Dis’ DT !
DT has committed some glaring, intolerable acts. We highlight five of them below and include supporting documentation. These acts reinforce your reasons for supporting the pledge. Mention one or two acts that most upset you, if you get involved in a difficult discussion. See our Handling Blowbacks article just below.
- Donald Trump’s Disdain for Planet Earth: On December 6, 2009, Trump signed a letter to President Barack Obama calling for a global climate deal. This New York Times letter, signed by dozens of business leaders stated in part that “If we fail to act now, it is scientifically irrefutable that there will be catastrophic and irreversible consequences for humanity and our planet.” Continue reading
- Misleading Statements in the 1000’s: The Washington Post maintains a count of DT’s false or misleading statements from the date of his inauguration. Through December 31, 2019, the count was 15,843, an average of over 14 a day. Check it out
- Mistreatment of Women: DT ’s treatment of women and his sexual morals are very upsetting, as are DT’s many misrepresentations related to certain “hush money” payments. We chronicle some key events. Discover the details
- Non-Response to Russia’s U.S. Election Interference: The handling of Russian interference in the 2016 Presidential election has haunted Trump’s presidency even before he took the oath of office in January 2017. Read more
- Mini-Watergate Cover up: One of Donald Trump administration’s most contemptible acts was its July 2018 attempted cover-up of Putin’s admission at the Helsinki press conference that Russia favored Trump over Clinton in the 2016 presidential election. Get the inside scoop here.
How about Trump’s values–has he followed the 10 Commandments?
Our DT Rating
People of faith understand the importance of forgiveness. We all miss the mark sometimes. But it is very important that when we are in the wrong, that we admit our guilt, not deny or cover it up. Many of the leaders we respect have made mistakes. They say that they are sorry and they ask for forgiveness. See how we derived his rating
By a blowback, we mean the often angry responses we might receive from DT supporters when they see us using a campaign visual like a baseball cap or lawn sign. After all, DT supporters currently number around 40%. Find out more here
The DT ‘Vis Dis ™’ pledge includes not being seen at a Trump business. It’s often difficult to know what words to use when declining to attend a celebration or business meeting, so we’ve provided below several examples for you. Use them as a starting point for your regret text, email, or letter. Learn to refuse gracefully
DT Box Score
|Played golf||More than 200 times|
|Attended church services||Less than 10 times|
A Politico article indicates Trump has not been attending church services regularly while in office and has likely attended church less than ten times through December 31, 2019. However, DT has golfed or visited golf courses he owns 238 times through December 31, 2019, spending over 4 hours on average each time —check out the Count here! DT’s golf course trips have cost U.S. taxpayers tens of millions of dollars, including over $200,000 an hour for use of Air Force One, according to Golf News Net.
Show your support for the campaign by not voting for DT. Develop your personal campaign action plan with a key state focus by considering our suggestions here. There are other convenient boxes where you can find out more about buying Vis Dis ™ gear, sharing your creative photos on social media or designing your own Vis Dis ‘eye logo’. Please Contact Us should you have campaign suggestions or comments.
We’ve created a Google Map that shows all DT-owned golf courses, hotels, and restaurants around the world. There are quite a few to say the least, with many in New York. Most of them have “Trump” in their name, making them easy to identify and avoid. Discover Trump Businesses by clicking here or on the map. If you need guidance using Google Maps, check out our handy how-to guide here: DT & Google Maps How-To